"9 brushstrokes" is a series of interviews published by the art blog plaztikmag.com. Every interview gets on with 9 questions. Read below the answers of Jim Avignon.
Many thanks to plaztikmag!
1. What is your favorite material to work with?
Jim: found cardboard and people’s expectations
2. Will you die for love or a drink at 3 am?
Jim: Can’t I have both?
3. Who/ What/ Where is currently inspiring to you?
4. What are your goals in the next year? Cash? Beauty? Greatness? Rent?
5. Why should we stare at your creations- instead of internet porn and LOL cats?
Jim: Because there is a sad and nice beauty in my creations that is hard to find somewhere else.
6. Who has been the most supportive in your career?
Jim: My friends and my little family. I need to get distracted from work once in a while and they know how to do it.
7. What Word or Image drives you insane?
Jim: I don’t like it when computers and programs start doing silly updates and you can’t stop them.
8. How will your tombstone read?
Jim: Ready to go nowhere.
9. Where or under what influences are you most creative?
Jim: I am best in trains, especially the ones that go from east to west
photo by Mimzy for Plaztik Mag, shot at Factory Fresh, New York.